Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY



Outside my window....the bluebonnets are blooming.


TINKERBELL

This is our precious granddaughter TINKERBELL in the bluebonnets.  We have a family tradition of making bluebonnet photos!


I am thinking...that the air conditioner is turned down too low in here.  Brr!

I am thankful...for daughters that are so loving and kind.

In the kitchen...I made some fresh chocolate chip cookies.  HUBBY has been asking and asking for them.

I am wearing...my favorite penny loafers.

I am creating...new family history posts on my blog.

I am going...to church tonight for a youth activity.

I am wondering...how my friends are doing.  My three best friends are really struggling, each in her own individual way.  Two are far away from me now.

I am reading...The Book of Mormon.  Right now I'm in the midst of the Book of Alma.

I am hoping...that I can get some normalcy back in to my daily life.  Sometimes routines are good things.

I am looking forward to...seeing my grandsons blessed at church in June.

I am learning...a lot more about my blog layout and html codes.

Around the house...I have some organizing work to get caught up on.

I am pondering...an exercise routine.  I need something that doesn't hurt more than it helps.

A favorite quote for today..."The difference between our rich and poor grows greater every year. Our distribution of wealth is getting more uneven all the time. A man can make a million and he is on every page in the morning. But it never tells you who gave up that million he got. You can’t get money without taking it from somebody."  Will Rogers

One of my favorite things...is the new TV show Smash. Yep, I'm a big fan.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I'm so far behind on so many plans, it would be nice just to get caught up on SOMETHING.

A peek into my day...
My father-in-law, far right side, front row
HUBBY and I attended his aunt's (his father's sister)  funeral recently.  After HUBBY reconnected with a cousin (the one whose Mom had just passed away), the cousin gave us this priceless photo.  My father-in-law was a tail gunner in a B 24 bomber during World War II.  A very brave man, he flew 33 dangerous missions.  This is him with his crew.  The plane is behind them.  This is the first photo we have ever seen of him with his plane and crew.  What a fabulous and irreplaceable gift.


 Join us in for the Spring Edition of The Simple Woman's Daybook to create your own.

1 comment:

  1. It is a precious photo and one your family will cherish always. My Daddy was also a soldier during WWII.
    Thanks you for stopping by Bears at Home for a visit.
    The dresses we made were part of little dresses for Africa...we plan to send them with a mission group from one of our churches. We made around 50. It was a very tiring day but fun, too.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!